Pages

CheapTickets Disney Deals (468X60)

July 8, 2011

He Stole It, but God gave it Back : Rape

What a touchy subject, but like all my other posts I give you the stance from being Victim to becoming Victorious.

Dinah

Rape first started in Genesis:

Genesis 34

 1And Dinah the daughter of Leah, which she bare unto Jacob, went out to see the daughters of the land.
 2And when Shechem the son of Hamor the Hivite, prince of the country, saw her, he took her, and lay with her, and defiled her.

I myself have been placed in a situation where a man decided to take advantage of me 5 weeks after I gave birth to my daughter. (The full story is in my Upcoming 2nd Book: Sleep'n with the Enemy) During the course of this situation no matter how much I cried and told him to stop he wouldn't. How could a man be so cruel, my daughter was within 10 feet of me lying in her crib. I hated myself, and I carried this pain for quite awhile. I often wondered what makes a Man do things of that nature to a Woman? Then I got angry with God, I had been in situations like this before, but now I was saved and trying to live righteous. Why when I ask God to stop him he didn't, did my tears mean nothing to him? I didn't flirt with this man, and in all actuality when he came to my home I was reading my bible. Lord didnt you see that this man threw the word from out my hands?? Where were those angels that you always talked about that were our protectors? Why God did you let this happen to me, do you not love me? Sometimes we will never know why things happen in that moment, but later on God shows us another plan for those besetting situations. God reminded me that although this man committed the physical act the demonic force behind it was the devil. Any bad thing/ situation comes from Satan, and because the enemy hates anything/ anyone who loves God he decided he would take what he thought was valuable to a woman: her dignity. THE DEVIL IS A LIAR!

Two years later I ran into a woman who had been raped, and I strongly believe had I not experienced that before the ministering wouldn't have had as much of an impact as it did. It was then that I understood the term, what the devil meant for bad God turned for his good. There are millions of men and women who have been molested, and raped. The devil desires to hold as many as he can in bondage, if he can impact you in someway he thinks he has won.

Remember God's promise concerning those who Rape you
"But if in the field the man finds the girl who is engaged, and the man forces her and lies with her, then only the man who lies with her shall die. 26"But you shall do nothing to the girl; there is no sin in the girl worthy of death, for just as a man rises against his neighbor and murders him, so is this case."
God is the Avenger of every situation that is displeasing to him. Don't feel like it is your fault because its not. The devil wanted something that he can't get you to hand to him and thats your Dignity. Those who have been through this rise up above that situation. Yes the pain hurts but we all serve a God who can take it all away. Let the situation empower you, and strengthen you to help others. You can never change the situation but you can change how it affects your life. I have two daughters and I refused to allow a rape to hinder me from being all that I can be for my girls.

Confess. Share. Give. and Let Go.

Confess the situation, Express your feelings towards it, Give it all to God, and Let him fix it.

Be Blessed in knowing whose you are and how much he LOVES him some YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment