Pages

CheapTickets Disney Deals (468X60)

July 7, 2011

Pain that Cuts Like a Knife

One of the WORST hurts that you can feel is : CHURCH HURT

How many have been at a church where there gift wasn't accepted? How many have confided in someone but later found out they told everybody, they momma, and their kids? How many have been hit on by a Leader? How many have been made promises and they have been broken?

 I have found that alot of people who have experienced Church Hurt, have not dealt with it. You know the ministries that don't grow, or the preachers who curse in the pullpit, those who water down the Bible, those who preach to make you feel good...if you asked the Leader what made them start their own ministry I almost bet you a large percentage did it because their feelings got hurt. Ministry has went from being Spirit Based, to Emotion Based. A few years ago I experienced Church Hurt at its fullest. 

I was raised Catholic, when I turned 13 I became Baptist, and when I turned 18 I became Pentecostal. I met this guy that went to the Pentecostal Church I was attending at the time, to make a long story short I got pregnant by him. I went from the Choir to the Pew in a matter of days which is understandable I knew that I was Singing and Sexing. However because he was one of the "main" Musicians in the church he got to continue to strum on his Bass Guitar. The Theory of the Leader was if I sat him down he would leave the church forever, and until I could prove that the baby I was carrying was his he would be allowed to continue to "strum on his guitar." Being that I wasn't really raised in the church I left. I felt hurt they treated me like I was the abominable snowman. God dealt with me and I wound up going back, when I came back to my surprise he was sat down, but it didn't stop there I became the talk of the church. Instead of the Older women teaching me and helping me they gossiped. Here I was a young lady who recently came out of an abuse shelter, to living in the projects, being on public assistance, and dropped out of college. I wanted a baby shower bt was told that if they throw me a baby shower that would mean they condoned the sin (so I didnt get one) however when I was in the hospital they sent a candy basket. They treated me like I was diseased, and my baby like it was an alien,  some of the women called her demon baby. These are the same women who grabbed the mic every sunday and woooo Jesus ,Yes Lord, and Rabashaba. I was confused like many of us who have dealt with this level of hurt. How could children of God, Ministers, and Leaders act like this...10 months later I got pregnant again, this time the Pastor got involved, a woman who God had placed in my life to minister to me was called to a meeting by him. He told her to be careful being around me, I'm a hurting woman, and a compulsive liar. I called him and asked him did he say those things, (NOW YOU KNOW SOME PEOPLE JUST BOLD AND DON'T CARE IF IT HURTS YOUR FEELINGS OR NOT) he said Yes I said it. I cried. and cried some more. He knew I was crying so he said well I'm sorry if it hurt your feelings and told me he would call me later and never did. After that I vowed I would never open up to another Leader: you can't trust them. Before God would allow a grudge to manifest in my spirit he told me in prayer one day, daughter let it go, I will take care of it. Here we go back to the word INTERNALIZE, where we mess up when being hurt by someone is letting it sit in our spirit and entertain it. If we know whose we are then we know that he is the avenger of all things done wrong to his children. Who has  hurt you? When your around certain people in church do you get disgusted by just their presence? Who do you after 10 years done passed still talk bad about? It's time to be real, sometimes an act of hurt that has never been dealt with can hinder your Ministry. Confess your hurt to God, Ask him to work it out, and Walk away from it. It's your season walk in the newness of Christ. 

Remember: CONFESS, ASK, and WALK

No comments:

Post a Comment