Pages

CheapTickets Disney Deals (468X60)

July 6, 2011

Let's Keep this a Secret

The One thing that goes unmentioned unless something major happens whether it be a broken arm, bruised face, or death is Abuse. Yesterday I was leaving my job and on my way home I watched a woman get dragged up the street while being punched in the head by a man whom I believe was her husband. Everytime she tried to run he grabbed her by her throat. People drove by and watched, the sad part is although she was screaming for help no one stopped to help her. We live in a society where its not okay for anyone to help. Police Officers are getting shot up left and right, and you never know who has a concealed weapon on them. Only if there were a system or enough individuals to provide help for women who daily get beat, spit on, and made to feel worthless. I couldn't do anything but pray and ask God to send his angels to protect her. This situation hit home for me, I used to be the one being abused, but I never got to see someone else be in the shoes I used to walk in.

No comments:

Post a Comment